Tabriz Rug #A587715
Details for Tabriz Persian Rug #A587715
Type: IR, Tabriz
9' 5"x6' 5" | 287x195cm
Reg. Price $21000.00
FREE Shipping, Padding & Certificate included...
FREE FedEx ground shipping within continental US and Canada. For FREE international shipping to all countries that FedEx & UPS delivers, feel free contact me and I will do my best to assist you.
This is a custom made Tabriz rug designed by myself and there are several important features that I like to point out.
This Tabriz rug features two distinct designs
that were combined to give it this amazing character. It's silk
foundation and huge amounts of silk highlights were incorporated
into the flower pattern that makes up the background. If you
look at the close-ups, you can see the flowers that are pure
silk and are carved to give the rug a 3D effect. Second, the
world map was added on top of the floral design to bring out the
- The leafs in the border of the rug depict the nations flags and great effort was given to make them as accurate as possible.
- If you look at the various countries you will see that their capitols are marked by black squares.
- The names of the countries and oceans are added as silk highlights whenever possible along with the latitudes and longitudes.
- It took approx. 2 years for the weaver to create this masterpiece based on my drawings and ideas. He worked on this rug as a side project and once it was completed, it was shipped to me.
- Even though it is a very fine Tabriz rug and is currently hanging on my wall, it is perfectly fine to walk on and it is truly one of most remarkable rugs I have ever offered. I constantly receive lots of praise about it from folks all over the world.
Additional Information that may be of help to you:
All of our Tabriz rug are genuine handmade Persian rugs made in and around the city of Tabriz. These are authentic pieces made in the same fashion for centuries.
Tabriz rugs can range from the standard quality of 30-40Raj, which are typically made of wool and have ~200KPSI or less, to the extremely fine 70+Raj pieces that can have up to 700+KPSI. Virtually all of our Tabriz rugs are made of very fine lambwool (Kurkwool) and typically have silk added to their pile as highlights to help bring out the design and colors.
For more information about Tabriz Persian rugs and to see more examples of pictorial Persian rugs, feel free to visit our informational Pages by clicking on the links below:
Pictorial Persian rugs